11 December, 2017

death

i was the girl who constantly think about death
not in a way that motivates me to keep on living
but in a way that motivates me to stop breathing

i was the girl who constantly think about death
i wish to never wake up from my dream
not a soul could make me live another dream

but i was the girl who constantly think about death
now, alhamdulillah, i am the girl who knows death comes
and for that i shall live this life to the fullest
because i have a dream that once death comes upon me
i can mutter the shahadah under my breath
leave this world peacefully and hopefully 
to leave flowers in the heart of the people who have known me
and let them not cry for my absence
but smile for my ever joyful short presence

i am the girl who knows death comes
so i shall live this life only for allah
be kind to people only for allah
be a good daughter only for allah
be a good sister only for allah
be a good friend only for allah
so allah will bless me not only here
but also in the hereafter

No comments: